The bonus for me was that I ate well at a restaurant. Salad, garlic marinade grilled shrimp, and broccoli.
My biggest complaint:
Why do men (or women for that matter) think it is acceptable to rant about their exes so much, especially on a first date? What do they think it is accomplishing or sharing? To me, it just comes right back to the same question: If EX was that horrible, why in the world did you marry/move in with EX? The past two guys have even admitted that they "knew something wasn't quite right but married anyway." It makes me feel as though they have poor judgment, or they tend to think negatively and cannot see the good of situations.
What felt good:
- We shared some laughs.
- I beat him by two strokes in mini golf.
- Seems proud of his family business.
- We shared some stories about growing up Polish (babcias and chruściki) and Italian.
- He thanked me for an enjoyable evening, on his "43rd birthday eve."
- He kissed me, rather than me kissing him.
What felt slightly odd/off:
- He's medium build, my height. I felt huge.
- Many *crickets* (aka awkward silences).
- Vulgar language about ex.
- Gave up way too much information about divorce and ex, including $ figures.
- He doesn't drink.
- He was overly interested in my food selection.
- He's been in 7 passion plays and regrets not pursuing an acting career.
- Believes James Caviezel has been touched by God.
- Several times when I was looking at him, he said "What...."
- Named his son after his favorite musician: Just(in) Elvis.
- He split the bill.
- He didn't compliment me at all.
- No fireworks in the kiss.