Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Saturday, August 8, 2009

What's In Your Yard?

Swayed immensely by lousy baseball and T.o.M. (yay that it isn't here next weekend), I'm feeling the strongest urge to escape. Of course, Edward senses my weakness and is calling my name....I mean, I can barely hear the movie theater calling instead. But before I slip off, into the dark sweet world, I thought I would ask you all an important question that I hope I get some answers on.

What's In Your Yard?

Are there 3 ingredients in your yard that could use to kill make a meal for someone? Someone you didn't like or someone you loved?

As I was cleaning up the yard tonight, after my daily stint as a masochistic Red Sox fan, I noticed there are quite a few ingredients in the yard one might find in an exotic kitchen perhaps, such as:
  • Tiny Pears (yes, from a Pear tree)
  • giant Alice in Wonderland-esque thick, wild mushrooms (fertilized with the help of Chadster and LoLo)
  • Hickory nuts (the squirrels love them, why wouldn't we?)
Sliced and sauteed over rice...doesn't that sound positively lethal delish?

Tell me....what's in yours? How would you serve it?

3 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

I don't have a yard but I do have a lovely tomato plant on my porch!!! =)

I can't believe you have a pear tree...jealous!

Grace said...

4 kinds of tomatoes, green and purple onions, strawberries, 3 kinds of peppers (all HOT); plus several herbs...sage, rosemary, thyme, dill, chives, spearmint, peppermint, oregano, and a few more I'd have to go outside and look to see what they are...but it's Sunday morning, and I'm lazy, so I'm not going. :)

I suppose I could take the really hot peppers and spike something so that it's inedible. But why would I want to do that?

Girl of True Heart said...

Because, I'm full of angst against the Yankees. That's why.


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.