Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Monday, February 9, 2009

Mondays Suck

morning weight: xxx lbs
Valentine's Day goal: xxx lbs
In the Reward Jar: $41

Well, I don't know why I'm up a pound, but I am. I will blame it on PMS although it is doubtful ToM will actually show up this week as it should.

Our VIP guest Lo is now a permanent member of our house. Guess I should tell my mother? Lo is actually driving me a bit crazy as she's having a severe allergic reaction to something that I cannot determine what it is and I am waiting on vet records to get her an appointment. Which is like waiting for molasses to drip. I'd rather not have to pay for things she's already had done, but if this morning's desperate scratching is any indication, I may not be able to wait much longer. The oatmeal bath gave her only temporary relief. And the benadryl is no longer having an effect.

I am behind in my work deadlines. This is not a good thing. But I swear to myself that I will not give up the gym to get work done. Maybe that sounds foolish in these times when I need to be thankful I have a job, but this company sucks the life out of everyone I know there. It isn't just me. We're not machines. We're human beings, and we deserve to be able to have our weekends to ourselves. I could see if the company was floundering. But it isn't. It is thriving. Especially as we worked most weekends all summer and fall and the company came out ahead as a result. Sorry but, damn I need a break. They can suck it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awww poor Lo hope the vet figures out whats up....sounds like you do deserve a break...time to cash in some vacation time?

Debz said...

Amen - they CAN suck it.

I don't understand why your vet can't just have the other vet fax the records over to them. That's what mine did. It sounds like it's taking you an act of Congress and it shouldn't be that damn hard. Poor Lo.

Girl in Carolina said...

Awww Lo. That sucks. And ditto...SUCK it.

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new permanent addition to the family!


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.