Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The State of Mom

Mom's in the hospital. As explained to me by my sister, she went in for unexplained abdominal pain and a cat scan, heart and blood tests. They found nothing. No clots, no blockages, no gall bladder in distress, etc. They were about to discharge her as they couldn't admit her "just for being in extreme pain," when they noticed her oxygen level was way low. Like 10 points lower than what is considered "bad." Well, that seems to indicate that her CPOD / emphysema situation is getting worse. So they admitted her, and all I can say is good thing the Sox aren't playing. She would be pissed.

Honestly, I have a hard time keeping up with what's wrong as so many doctors over a 20 year span have diagnosed her and then conflicted with one another.

In addition to the CPOD, she has both types of arthritis, as well as Sjögren's Syndrome, a damaged sciatic nerve, type II diabetes, hiatal hernia, cataracts, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other conditions. I also think it can only be expected that she suffers emotionally in a depressed state. For 20 years, I've been told she may not live much longer. Some of that time, I know she has wanted to die. I can't imagine the pain she deals with. In some ways, she is my heroine. In other ways, she is my forewarning sign: do not go down this path, avoid this future, etc.

I am in "management training" all week. Learning that being a manager is a new profession. I wish someone would tell my company that. They think I can continue to DO the work as well as supervise others doing it. Even the course instructor found that to be somewhat alarming. Lovely. Stress anyone?

I could not make it to the gym for resistance training. Too tired.

Food is being provided at this training. Breakfast a corn muffin (not good). Lunch was salad (unsatisfying). By 6pm I needed protein in the worst way. Made an egg white omelette with chicken, peppers, and onions.

I need to be better prepared tomorrow. Making a whey protein shake for brekkies.

2 comments:

Debz said...

I'm sorry mom is not doing well. Where is she? Does she live close by? How old is she?

When I was working, I would always get my foods ready for the next day too. It makes it eaisier to follow the rules we set for ourselves.

Have a good day!!

Girl in Carolina said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your mom! I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. She sounds like a spitfire though :)

Are you watching the WS tonight? Sorry about the Sox but they DID give it their best. Nothing to feel bad about.

I need a gameplan for our weight loss date. Maybe we can have a contest or something. Wait..did you already say that? Maybe that is where I got that from. LOL But in any case, I just ate a HUGE ass piece of that Paula Deen cake I made. Then then I promptly packaged it all up to take to other people tomorrow. It's easy to pick when it's still in the pan, but now I know I won't mess with it because it's all packed up. Stupid huh? haha

Keep us posted on your mom!


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.