Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lazy Hotel Sunday

The bad news:

I have gained a gazillion pounds on this business trip. So much so that I had to buy a new pair of jeans. OMG, yes, the horror.

I really don't miss Jersey. I just don't feel comfortable here at the local office. Could never work there permanently. So let's not even think it.

I'm not even sure I miss having a dog around. Don't get me wrong. Chad is lovable. Definitely. But the independence has been rather liberating. The longest I've been without a dog in 12 years. No need to rush right back from work, no need to worry that I didn't let him out before going out, no need to wonder if he got enough exercise, food, attention, etc.

I might feel differently without Duncan here. He gives off that unconditional love so that I don't feel too lonely.

And by the way, love life: non-existent (not that it could be anything else while on a business trip)

The good news:

My brother and I are going to Monday night's Red Sox game - IF there is one. In other words, IF they don't win Sunday night's game (which would mean a sweep of the Angels). I would never ever wish for my beloved boys to lose, especially not at home. So I will be shoutin' loud and proud from my hotel room tonight, hoping Beckett pulls off a win - oblique strain and all. However, if by some chance the Angels pull off a win tonight, then tomorrow night my brother and I are SRO in left field! Jason Bay territory!

Other news:

Saw Bill Maher's Religulous. Very interesting.

1 comment:

Debz said...

anything that allows for the purchase of new clothes should not be categorized as a bad thing (lol).

and can i tell you how jealous i am. cause i am. and not to say i hope you dont get to go to the game monday night, but i hope you dont get to go to the game monday night. i really, really, really, really want them to just win tonight. and with beckett gettin the rock, the chances are high.
Man I wish 7 o'clock would get here.


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.