Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Monday, October 6, 2008

Shaking Off the Blues

I am feeling so blue, I've got to shake out of it. Just like Beckett and crew has to shake off last night's loss!



Tonight, I am going to one of the greatest places on earth, Fenway Park, and I cannot be blue! This is a privilege many, many Red Sox Nation members do not get to do. I am going to take them all in spirit with me! And I must remind myself that I am lucky/spoiled, because I was there last year for game 2 of the World Series.

So, really what do I have to be blue about??

The weight will still be there whether I'm unhappy or not.
The lack of money will still be there whether I'm unhappy or not.
Being screwed by my company on this business trip will still exist whether I'm unhappy or not.
The country will still be so incredibly messed up whether I'm unhappy or not.

SO?? Be happy!

And for those of you who choke on the syrupy, romantic qualities I'm known to irrationally exude with my Sagittarian nature, this is your warning to stop reading.

OK, I warned you.

Seattle said to me this morning: "Hey....don't be blue babe. When I said we're going to get together, I meant it. I always mean what I say."

Awww. Ain't he sweet? A little unrealistic maybe, but soooo sweet. He made me smile.

For some reason, it made me think of Daniel Day-Lewis in The Last of the Mohicans.



Do you remember? When he says, "You be strong, you survive...You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you." And they play that lovely music with the violins I think, and bagpipes maybe. The song is called The Last Kiss.

(OK, so yes, I've been reading way too much Scottish Highlander / Druid / Rugged mountain man type fiction! Guilty!)

1 comment:

Debz said...

Oh I hope you can shake it off. I would trade places with you in a split second.
I can't believe Becks failed us last night. He was not the usual post-season josh he usually is.
Well - gotta hope that Lester can take us to the next step instead.

Believe!!!
Have fun and think about me (lol-yeah I'm sure you'll be thinking about me.) Where are you all sitting? I'll look for ya!


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.