The Honest Scrap Award rules are as follows:
1. “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
2. The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
4. Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
5. Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
(I honestly don't know if I know 10 bloggers who still blog these days. Let's see, I will try to name & link them at the bottom.)
1. I am a socially (and financially) liberal soul who absolutely loves country. Music, men, non-city mentality (mostly). I'd like nothing better than to be on a working ranch with a partner. But I'm getting old. That ranch better have a porch swing because I will need to sit a spell.
2. I know if I found someone who loved me "just as I am, Bridget Jones style," I would start dropping weight so easily, because I would feel so much better about myself. It happened before with L. It isn't about losing weight for someone else, but it is about feeling loved. The kind of love you just can't give yourself. And yes, for any would-be psyche majors out there, I do love myself. Hard. I freaking rock.
3. The dreams about L are so intense and frequent since his unexpected, bombshell-dropping visit. I love my sleep so much, and I hate him in the morning for disturbing it. I need an exorcism in the name of another man. Preferably one who is wearing cowboy boots.
4. If I could make a living doing the wild thang, I would. (That cannot possibly be why I'm alone.)
5. I want to go out to Wyoming, see a rodeo, and ride horses at a dude ranch.
6. If it snowed all year round, I'd be a really happy camper and I would secretly or not so secretly chuckle at everyone else's grumbling.
7. I believe I existed before as a wolf, and I've done extensive research into this. I would like to go to the Wolf Research Center in Idaho that is part of the Nez Perce tribe. (Maybe this is why I'm alone.)
8. I put animals before most humans. (Or maybe this.)
9. I have to be near water as much as possible. Must be because I am a fire sign. Living on the lake no longer cuts it. I hear the ocean calling me, and I need to visit. It has been awhile.
10. I never thought I would earn the salary I'm earning, and still be unable to afford some basic items of life. I also never thought I'd be alone at this age, for this long.
Without further ado, I bestow the Honest Scrap Award to...
In alphabetical order, I adore all of these strong, hilarious, thoughtful, women living compelling lives and sharing it with us as they do. Some are like me, some are nothing like me. There are a few others I'd like to mention, but they are not blogging anymore these days! *boo* Anyway, they all deserve the Honest Scrap award, whether they want to write about it or not.
Note: If you've already done an Honest Scrap Award post, I fully support recycling! See, I just got you out of it, now you owe me one!
__________And just for a chuckle, because who couldn't use a smirk or two in their day? Here's THE definitive reason William Bradley and I never hooked up: Our babies would be so ffffffugly!!! I totally blame him (or that lousy photo they supplied of him).