Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Music of Course

First - thanks to MANY people who indicated to me that all I needed to add was music for my workouts. Sillyheads, I guess it wasn't obvious...I'd be DEAD without music! I've had music on from the moment I first stepped into that gym. I particularly love the following while working out:

Black Eye Peas
Faithless
Clint Black
Bon Jovi
Springsteen
KT Tunstall
Lucinda Willams
Green Day
Chemical Brothers, Fight Club soundtrack

I tried all week to guess which lane toll booth guy would be in, and just like the lottery, I came up wrong each time. Twice I saw him two lanes over and I tried to get his attention. Oh well. That's what happens when you put too much energy into something; you drive it away.

Maybe that's what's happening with the weight loss too. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I don't know. My Emergency October 2008 business trip fat jeans are looser which is a nice sign, the scale isn't going UP which is a nice sign, I'm enjoying working out which is a nice sign....I'm just so sick to death of having to watch what I eat, deny myself what I really want, and have to tell all the guys who want to date me why I'm at the gym so much. Yes, I've made it an important part of my life so the guys like to say things like "wow, you're at the gym so much, you must be an athlete..."

It is what it is.

Thursday night's guy was hilarious. Stand-up comedian type. Many voices that he would launch into at random and cause me to laugh until tears were streaming out of my eyes. But...there's always a but, right? He suffers from panic attacks (think Tony from The Sopranos). So....dinner turned into "meeting in a bookstore cafe" instead at his request. And.....although we got along great and he indicated he'd love to see me again, when I asked him on Friday if he wanted to see a movie/have dinner/play pool, he said he couldn't because he was putting up dry wall. I told him well, just so we're clear, the ball is in your court. He said he'd call me Saturday. He hasn't.

Sunday's early dinner date is in the city. A foreign-born US citizen is taking me to the best Turkish restaurant in New York City. As long as they don't have belly dancers, I'll be OK. Yes, wish me luck. I will need the extra daylight hours to find my way back to Jersey.

Oh and the Italian bodyguard for the Knicks? Yeah, he wants to meet me Tuesday.

So really, I have nothing to complain about! I am the international dating mecca of the east coast!

Could someone please slap me?

Going to be changing the blog around, so I'll probably just sort these things down here.

Friday March 6 Workout
Life Fitness Treadmill
Standing heart rate: 75
Workout heart rate: 96 to 145 mph
Workout mode: Random, Level 11 at 2.8 mph
Last 15 minutes @ 3.0 mph
Calories: 644
Distance: 2.86
Time: 64:12


Weights
Abdominal press 50 lbs 4 sets of 20

Notes
It is getting harder to get my heart rate up. A sign of getting fitter I guess.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What's your best advice for attracting all these men? What can I do to get just a tiny bit of your action?


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.