"Don't you know before you choose your wish
You'd better think first
'Cause with every wish there comes a curse"
-With Every Wish, Springsteen
OK it has only been two nights (out of two weeks) with my FwB Geeky Lay. But I'm having some issues, and I'm trying to sort them out of my head onto the open space here.
- He doesn't mind the animals. He pets them and offers them Reiki.
- He doesn't mind my weight. He pays great attention to me between the sheets and in public.
- He doesn't mind that my back causes me to lie flat sometimes. He offers me Reiki.
- He's 29 in bed.
- He opens doors.
- He insists on paying.
- He knows how to kiss.
- He's 29 in bed. (Yes, I think it counts twice.)
- He only wants to get together on Fridays. (He *ahem* games on Saturday and Sundays. He's rehearsing a theater play the rest of the week and taking four courses during the day.)
- He talks about the things he has done or the things he can do with an air of superiority that often makes me want to cringe and/or roll my eyes but I've stopped myself.
- He's 50 when he's dining out.
- He's 75 when he's driving.
- He rents a studio apartment from his parents.
- He lives 49 miles away.
Well, clearly the pros outweigh the cons. And realistically, some of the cons are also pros, and some of the cons aren't really cons at all. I'm not looking to marry the guy.
So what in the bloody hell is wrong with me? Why am I bored when the sex isn't happening?
Has it been so long since someone has been nice to me that I don't know how to handle it?
Has it been so long since I've had a fairly functional interaction with a man (Honestly? L was never fairly functional, so we're talking way way 6-7 years back when I lived with Scottish DJ.) that I no longer want a fairly functional interaction with a man?
Earlier today I actually thought to myself, "Right well, that's that. I'm done. Next."
And I had to pull back and re-think, "Are you nuts, out of your damn tree, you fickle, flighty Sagittarian?! Do you not remember ANY of the last 13 dry painful months you spent keening for a partner?!"
Can someone please slap me? Thank you.