Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Inaccurate Products for Me

morning weight: 256 lbs

Well, at least I'm not gaining weight.

Warning: I'm just not in the most positive of moods. The small amount of poison ivy that I've picked up off my dog's coat is driving me insane. And for some reason, I want to comfort myself with food. But I haven't. But I want to. And I'm grumpy as hell about it.

Even my workouts last night and Thursday night were hell. Everything that was once easy was suddenly difficult. I don't know why.

And then there is the heart rate monitor watch and clothing. Great arrival time. They look great. But, they don't seem to work for me. But let me review.

The woman's size large is too much of a stretch to wear comfortably. I have always had a bra band rolling up issue and the tighter it is, the worse the rolling up. And that is right where the read-outs are and where the transmitter clips into, so, no-go there.

The man's extra large shirt fits fine. It is a little warm to wear but I was OK with that. I would have been happy to use this, if it worked well.

And this brings us to the watch. Fairly simple model, good instructions. In about 10 minutes I had it all set to my specifications. However, it didn't always read my heart rate, even in my own house, with the watch on my wrist, while I'm doing the most basic things. I read that it might take some REAL exercise to get it going. Fair enough.

Thursday night was weight resistance night. So ten minute quick blood pumping walk on the treadmill, then over to the machines. Well, the watch told me that my heart rate was as little as 58 and never really increasing above 110 when I know darn well I was at least around 120.

In addition, the machines there are "Polar Heart Rate Ready." You'd think this would be a good thing. But apparently not. The machine starts to read your watch, then it gets confused when you touch the hand spots for a readout. At one point the machine said 180, then the watch stopped reading me altogether and I had to reset it. What is the helpfulness of that I ask you?

I gave it all another shot. Friday night was just cardio so I put the gear on (have to wear my sports bra over the man's shirt) and told myself I was the new bionic woman and I was doing this all for science. I could not focus, I could not lose myself in the zone, because I had to reset the watch three times. And I was the only person there, so the only interference my watch had was with the treadmill readout. I "think" I reached my heart rate zone for about 15 minutes, but I can't be sure because of the resets. The summary heart rate was only 118 average. Yet I was clearly breathing hard, so I don't know what to make of it.

They say these things are supposed to give you an accurate reading. Well, if that's true, then I guess I am a long way off in reaching my target heart rate unlike what I thought. I thought I was already there for at least 20 minutes.

I am attempting to return the products, and my reasoning include "make sizes for people that actually need to lose weight" as well as "the watch never gave an accurate reading."

My disappointment is huge. I am sore, I feel like I've reached my limit, and it still isn't good enough. What else is new. Just another day in my lonely life.

No comments:


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.