Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Have to Share My Gym!?

morning weight: 259 lbs

What ever do you mean, the gym doesn't exist just for me? ;-@

Because of a monthly challenge at my gym, the gym has been swamped at 10 pm and later! Ack! OK I understand 2 free months are on the line, but wow people, you've really invaded my space!

It really put me into a discomfort zone last night when I had to wait to use the weight machines. Such a stupid thought to think everyone is looking at me, but there it is anyway. I made eye contact with no one. I am such a wuss. But did I still go thru with it? Hell yes, because I WAS THERE. Once I am there, I am going thru with it, no ifs, ands, or buts.

I warmed up walking 10 minutes at 130 bpm (beats per minute?) heart rate, then I did my three machines. I always look at the names of these machines and then I promptly forget them. Must be some anatomical mind block. So let's see....

The "leg press," in which you are positioned like a rocket about to be blasted into space and you have to use your legs to lift the weight? Supposed to work gluts and hammies. I just keep reminding myself not to lift with my back because that would be the end of me, period.

The "abs," in which you're basically doing crunches but from a sitting position.

The "all over arms" in which the bar is at mid-chest and you're pushing the weight out. My pecs need all the help they can get. When I was growing up, my brother used to call this a bench press, but that's when you're flat on your back and pushing upward. Same thing maybe?

There are many other machines. But the trainer said those 3 were good for me to start on, so I don't even explore the other options right now. Let's just see if I can get a consistent effort down 3 times a week for a month.

I also did 10 minutes walking afterwards, at 130 bpm. It felt good. Strangely refreshing.

Came home, turned on the hypnosis, and slipped off to la-la-land immediately. Wonder if Duncan and Chad have better thoughts about their eating habits or going over bridges this morning. And just in case you're wondering, I'm not waking up with any noticeably unusual thoughts, food-related or otherwise.

Also, not losing poundage, but I'm not freaking on that front. Building muscle, yada yada yada. There's just no way I can further reduce my caloric intake without running into a danger zone. If I stay the course, it'll come off eventually.

So here's the good news. The measurements!

bicep: 15 in (2 inch loss)
neck: 14 in (1 inch loss)
bust: 43 in (9 inch loss) OMG!
waist: 44 in (3 inch loss)
hips 54 in (6 inch loss)
thigh: 26 in (4 inch loss)

Well, 25 inches lost since June 2007!? Please check my math. Holy crap that's correct.

Wow. 10 inches lost since February's measurements. And clearly, it is no wonder I need new bras but not new pants!

That's substantial. I do mourn the loss of "the girls," however, it is what it is. When I can wear a Victoria's Secret ANYTHING I will feel MUCH better! HAHAHAHA!

And to keep it in perspective; my thigh is now the size of an average woman's waist!? Lovely, I can sell my pants as skirts for two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I know how you feel about crowded gyms. I just don't like it either. It seems that even at the gym I go to (which is part of a hospital, and has a lot of disabled and seniors) I get glared at. Half the people want to let me know that they admire that I'm there trying to loose weight (I don't go up to them and say I admire that they're trying to turn back the hands of time!) and the other ones give me the "who's the fat girl kidding?" stare.

I love my gym though, but my weight routine is a little more involved. I've recently changed it to focus on areas that I don't feel get as much exercise in the pool or in my Nia classes.

But I'm a little worried. why would you think 26 inches is an "average girl's waist"? That seems pretty extreme to me. My skinny little 14 year old has a 30 inch waist. I think this is part of the Barbie doll illusion. I don't think a lot of people really realize what those inches look like!


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.