Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Monday, May 26, 2008

Heart Rate Monitors

morning weight: 258 lbs

Well I guess the cost of that meal was 2 lbs. Oh well. No sliding today. Stick to grilling in my own yard, no going out anywhere.

In other news, I have made a rather extravagant purchase. All in the name of health. I just hope it fits and works.

Heart Rate Monitor Bra

Read my review here

I did not want to get one of those straps that you have to take on and off your chest. I just knew deep down that I would end up not using it.

I also bought the guy's shirt version because the sizing was better. We'll see what fits and what works and we'll return what doesn't.

It seems the absolute key to making workout effective is the heart rate. If you're exercising and not getting anywhere, look into this angle. It seems you could exercise for an hour and just be wasting your time or exercise at peak heart rate for 20 minutes and be done with it. It may be what I need to focus on to push me to the next level, because I am already down to the bare minimums in food intake.

And apparently, the accuracy of the heart rate readings on the machines themselves is really not that great. They're generalized, and I'm sorry but if I'm investing all my energy and effort into losing weight, then I want some accurate projection of how well I'm doing. After all, this is the rest of my life we're talking about.

So I'm looking forward to comparing the rates and seeing what's what.

Just think, people, it is all I have to look forward to! No drinking, no eating carbs, no sex! Movies, bad reality shows, and exercise are all I have left!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no sex? seems to me that would have been a great way to get the heart rate up and some calories burned!

Girl of True Heart said...

Yes Kate, all that is missing is a willing partner! Scratch that, all that is missing is a willing partner I can feel good about afterwards!

Girl in Carolina said...

Hey again! I hear ya! I also used to have one of the heart moniters that you have to strap around your chest. It was fun for about 2 weeks, then I got bored with it. I might have to try one of those that you got! Good luck! :)

Alex said...

Hey, I have been trying to lose weight as well. I have started running with someone else and its totally helped. She pushes me to not quit and now I am running 3 miles!!!

Totally amazing because 3 months ago I could barely do one mile. I was exhausted after just a half mile, no joke. But the running partner has totally helped.


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.