Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Monday, June 18, 2007

Starch Crisis, USA

Morning weight: xxx lbs

Definitely had more morning energy. Didn't want to go to work, but I wanted to get out of bed. That's a start for someone who would rather be up all night and who hates her job.

It was tough at work. Many women were chatting with each other about losing weight and I just couldn't join in. I don't want those worlds to collide. It is so hard for me as it is there; I just want to maintain my day to day existence without further scrutiny from the critical feminine hordes. It would be the least place for support for me. If I get to the point where my weight loss is noticeable, then I'll just deal with it casually. But I refuse to bear my soul to those vultures. Self preservation 101.

I felt a little lightheaded when I got home. The heat of the day is just too much and it is only June. Other than that, I haven't really felt any side effects yet. My period is looming so we'll see what happens there. I have added a PMS Warning Calendar so we can collectively be aware of the monster that appears. Usually I crave salty things. I should have a plan in place to handle that. Any suggestions? I should look on the Kimkins forums; they've been very helpful so far.

I mentioned my new life plan to Lenny. Very interestingly, after a heaping amount of support for me, he wanted to know if it would work for him. I have to laugh, because I don't think he has an ounce of fat on him but he says he'd like to drop 15 lbs. When I described that there could be no starch such as potato, pasta, or rice, he winced. Obviously that is the biggest kick in the pants about all of this. We are all so grooving on our refined starches that we can't imagine life without them. Yes, after my body is reprogrammed to digest properly, then I can add those items back into my life on a limited basis. But this is a body that was designed by starch. Hell, sometimes starch would be my only food for dinner. You might be nodding your head in agreement or shaking it in disbelief, but it is a serious problem for many people in this country. Starch Crisis, USA.

No comments:


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.