Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Monday, June 25, 2007

Hard Week Ahead

I've stopped weighing myself for the week. My mother is here visiting, and I just don't feel it would be mentally sound for me to obsess about the scale while she's here. Plus, it'll be a good way to see if I can break the "every day weigh" habit.

Of course, there are at least 7 different types of refined carbs in the house now that she's here. The woman traveled from CT with 5 different types of bread! FIVE! One for every day of the week? Honestly...the starch level is off the charts. And the pressure to eat is insane. Why does that happen? I hadn't even been aware of that factor really until I saw my Mom chomping on tortilla chips. I didn't even want tortilla chips but I wanted to be eating something! Talk about a bad feeling. The sugar-free jello didn't quite cut the mustard.

Of course she understands on some level what I'm trying to do, but on other levels she doesn't get it. She doesn't understand why there aren't fruits on the food plan (because the body processes them as sugar) and what is wrong with a little ice cream (almost pure fat into the bloodstream).

If I can just not regain the 8 lbs lost, I will be relieved.

No comments:


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.