Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Survived the Flu 2009

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm 85% better. I just wish I could breathe. Ha.

My really sad thought this week: Realizing no one needed me.

Sorry, I'm the type of dysfunctional-family survivor who still needs to be needed. I'm not talking about co-dependency, just a little validation.

So, all I can say is that you know you're middle management when your team functions without you, and your manager doesn't feel the need to return your calls when you update her on being sick.

Well....

Sweden deemed to leave a comment on my last post admonishing me for blogging while sick. Woman, you should know by now that I need to document and witness everything and I'll probably document my dying last thoughts. Besides, what did you do with your need-for-balance-Libra-self the last time you were sick for 4 days? Did you clean or what? Yeah, love ya too, bish.

The neighbors needed me -- to clean up the leaves in my yard. 2nd warning. I coughed all over the geezer as I told him I have had a fever for 3 days. That will teach him to mind his own goddamn business.

The dogs needed me -- to let them out and feed them. Actually, Chad and Duncan laid on top of me when I was shivering from fever, which was really sweet in that survival sort of mentality.

Speaking of dogs, I spent a lot of time conversing with Sena, my dead dog, these last fevered days. I remember a lot of tears and wanting to go with her. Hmmm yeah, not even close to the fun of my conversations with Edward.

You all might just want to unfollow me now, I understand.

Hey, I'm just reporting from inside my head. It's strange (but sometimes entertaining) right?

____________


Here's an SNL video that made me laugh this week. Tell me, was it the meds I was on or is it funny?



____________


To celebrate the end of the worst of being sick with the flu, here's a question for you all. (I'm not well enough yet to design a fancy poll, have mercy on me.)

Serious Question
If you could lose 10 lbs (and keep it off) but you had to suffer 3 days (72 hours) of fever and body aches (like every cell in your body is full of toxic burning fumes), would you do it?

10 lbs of weight loss
for
3 days of fever and body aches


Inquiring minds want to know. Do tell.




7 comments:

Mannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mannie said...

10lb for 3 days of pain and discomfort? It's not worth it - for me. Losing weight shouldn't be an awful experience, because if it is, you won't want to do it. Anyway, glad that you're feeling better.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Welcome back to the land of the healthy.

Grace said...

Yes, I would, but...

My mom always used to react to me being throw-up sick for days by saying "well, at least you'll lose some weight." So, I may not be the most objective or rational person to answer this question.

I'm SO glad you are feeling better. I hope you get to feeling great soon for your trip. At least you didn't get sick right before or during! That would have been awful.

Big hugs!

Maruska Morena said...

Lol.. sounds like you've been having a grand week. jk. Glad you're feeling better.. and yes the video is hilarious.

As for 10lbs and keep it off? Hmm maybe. But if it was more like 20-50 I'd say "sign me up bucko". I sure wish weight loss was as easy as weight gain.

The Big Girl Blog! said...

10 pounds... eh.

15? Probably!

Does that make me a horrible person?

xoxo

Girl in Carolina said...

hmmm...I'm so tempted to say yes. But when I think about how miserable you were...

I look at the weight loss as your body's way of saying "I'm sorry I put you through hell. Here is a small gift for your pain." LOL


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.