Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Free Fallin

Ugh, the Yankers have won the World Series. Everyone from my coworkers to my massage therapist have texted me in their celebratory snobby victory dance across technology.

And in the rest of my life, I have no direction....I feel like I'm in a free fall. Please don't start singing Tom Petty to me. I love the song, but all I can think of is Tom Cruise from Jerry Maguire.

I am also office space homeless. But at least I have a stapler in my displacement and they're still paying me. It may be another week or longer; they said it wouldn't take more than 7 days.

People are dropping like flies with all sorts of ailments at work. Some are definitely sick because of the dust and dirt and the new carpet of the environment. I'm trying to get my rest in advance, but somehow I feel fatalistic: it is just a matter of time.

A beautiful beautiful Saturday night MSG Springsteen ticket has found its way into my possession. I will be at Clarence's side stage. I will watch them play an incredible album from the late 70s. I will get to hear Incident On 57th Street and Sandy and NYC Serenade, long jamming songs that highlight the band in amazing ways, then intertwines with Springsteen's lyrics like winding ivy up along a trestle.

No Fly Zone sent me a text message, "Haven't heard from you. Let me know when you want to get together." I counted...this is the 10th week since that dreadfully comedic 1st date. I haven't ever communicated with him from that day onward. Um dude....desperate much? Oh yes wait, you've never left the state of New Jersey, so I guess the answer is yes.

FutureSex sent me an email, asking me to talk sexy to him. Eh. I'm too tired. If it feels forced, then it isn't right. In comparison, talking to my dear Molto Bello Italia is so delightfully easy and comfortable, like we'd been friends for years. FutureSex makes no effort to get together with me this weekend, even though I'm already booked for Bruce, he doesn't know that. I inquired what he was doing with his weekend and got no response. Welllllll, contact me when you're 1. less busy and 2. looking for more than just some sexy words in an email. Filed under: Chemistry ignition stalled.

Sweden had a dream about me. I was 175 lbs and trying on red and black dresses for a wedding, and she recalls saying "The red one, or I'll come down and smack you." Yes, that sounds about right.

Me, 175 lbs. Hahahaa. I don't know how it is going to happen.

Very warm thanks to Dating 2.0 for introducing this clueless one to the networking possibilities that is MeetUp!

And yes, I do love my new crackleberrypop Bold. I love it so much that I don't want to touch the track ball. I might have issues.

6 comments:

Maruska Morena said...

Wooo Hooo.. I got a mention.. :) I'm so excited. :) Thanks.

And let me know how Meetup goes. I'm quite active in it down here, so let me know if you have any questions.

Unknown said...

has it been 10weeks since the no fly zone encounter? wow where has the time gone?

glad you are luvin that crackberry!

Sarah said...

I gave up my crackberry to save money and prove to myself I was serious about buying a house. :( I miss it. And now I might not even be getting the house. Good thing I still have the DVR or I'd just give up and go live in a cave.

Jersey Girl said...

So envious that you're getting to see Bruce again! And sitting by the Big Man's Stage? Maybe he'll recognize you? :)

Grace said...

Sorry about the Yankees winning...I watched the first game (that Philly won) while I was in Baltimore, so I was disappointed that they didn't go on to win.

Glad you a liking your new crackberry...I can't even remember life before I got mine.

And finally...dump Future Sex...I don't like him. He can't make the effort to see you, yet he wants you to talk sexy to him? Ick.

MissMelisaMae said...

No Fly Zone needs to fly away. What a nerd. And I'm sorry to say this but Future Sex will probably always remain just that. You are WAY too good to wait around for ANY man. I mean it. He needs to kiss off. If he can't make time for you now, will he ever?

Too harsh? Sorry, you know you can always count on me for an honest opinion (However, that in and off itself may be yet another reason why I'M still single, hehe). I just happen to think that you are amazing and can do better. XOXO


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.