Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Friday, August 3, 2007

Dietary Enzymes & BioDynamic Tea

total lost: 24 lbs
total days: 47

Well, I am finally unstuck and feeling better than I did all week as I head into PMSland. After 5 days stalled, and a nasty side effect that went along with it, I am down one pound and feeling some relief in my system as well.

My massage therapist who is a nutritionist (and happens to believe that we shouldn't eat dead animals but anyway...not the point here). He said that if I am eating a lot of high protein, my body is going to have trouble digesting it. He recommended adding a dietary enzyme (that is just an example and not an endorsement) to my intake of vitamins and supplements. He said this would help more nutrients of what I am eating to be absorbed into the body, relieve bathroom issues and would allow the weight loss to continue to be steady. He said is it not a "Fat blocker" or any of that diet BS. It is a supplement to what the body produces already. He did not recommend the WOE that I've chosen to lose this weight. He said it is quick loss but hard not to regain. I said no, it won't be hard to maintain weight level. While I appreciate his concern, he doesn't know me. He doesn't know this is my 2nd trip down the scale. He doesn't know that I couldn't possible live on beans and brown rice as he suggested. Having said that, I am looking into the dietary enzyme, because I definitely don't want the issues I experienced this week to continue. From what I've read so far about enzymes, it sounds like everyone should add them to their eating plan because as we get older, our body doesn't produce as many.

And I think it is fair to say that losing almost all fiber and fat in one's diet is not always the best thing. I think having a day of veggies to help with the fiber aspect isn't a bad idea. So be careful, and consider a fish oil supplement if not also a fiber supplement.

Also, I have consulted with a tea expert. I explained that I wanted to remove toxins from my system and help my kidneys function well. She suggested Makaibari Green tea as it is a biodynamic tea and I will be buying some today.

2 comments:

Bambinokim2 said...

well my new found friend, my new exotice found friend.............. i appreciate your blogs because you are so full of wealth and information. i am in your corner and applauding your new WOL. thanks for the lil tidbits. miss ya, smooches

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.