Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Friday, August 15, 2008

Lost and Blue

Well, the back is healing slowly. The bulging bump that was in my back has diminished. The doctor said it would "be a good idea" for me to ice my back every night. Forever!? Until I've lost more weight and there isn't such a strain on that area. You know, stomach fat is the hardest to lose. Well, those are the facts.

It has been nice not to have to commute this week. It has been awesome not to have to drive and save on gas. I wish every week could be like this. But the solitude has contributed to my blue state, along with PMS. No one on Chemistry has expressed interest in me, except a 65 year old man. Yes, apparently, I have that appeal. Isn't that something?

I'll let you know how the date goes. (Just kidding!)

It is one thing to have thought about being with Lenny as he grew older, but quite another to meet someone already at that age. Just not interested. He isn't even good-looking so don't tell me I should reconsider. LOL

I went looking around for something to make me laugh...there isn't even anything in the theaters! OK Tropic Thunder. Such a guy's movie. Should I bother? I don't know if it will make me laugh. Apparently, RDJ is fantastically funny in his role.

There's a Brad movie out, but not around here. Burn After Reading. Too artsy for this place I bet. Maybe after a few weeks out, it'll come around. ***Ooops, not out until September. I'm a dummy!***

So, I'm just going to go back to my trashy romance novel, and continue thinking I could have written this!

So why don't I?

2 comments:

Kate said...

((hug))

I know it's rough. One thing I've learned is that I don't need the kind of man I seem to attract. It's taken some time to be comfortable with myself... with being alone. Sure, some days it absolutely sucks. But not all the time anymore.

Girl in Carolina said...

I'm glad your back is somewhat better! You are right about these men on match. I wish I had done chemistry instead, but sounds like they are still similar. There are 2 guys that have emailed me back about 3 times but STILL have not said "do you want to meet out sometime." So I think I'm gonna let it go.

I heard that movie was a riot...I want to see it now!

Take care of yourself!


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.