Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

T.o.M. & Starch Cravings


Pounds lost: 11 lbs
Pounds to go: 40 lbs


OK here we are with no loss after 3 days. Yup, time of the month due today. Fantastic. Chewing on my bottom lip as the urge to go to Five Guys Burgers & Fries is subliminally piped into my conscious by my dog (Chad is 3 years old today). I am sure that Sena would approve and is in fact looking upon us now from Rainbow bridge with a sparkle in her eye. Oh Sena, you never cared how much I weighed, god bless you.

Trust me, if a Five Guys opens in your area, move. The danger is incredible. Speaking of which, I came across the 20 Worst Foods in America article in Men's Health oddly enough. You know, one link leads to another link to another link and before you know it, you're on a web site you've never been to before? Anyway, the information is from the bestseller Eat This, Not That. I shouldn't be surprised really, but I was. The worst food in America was actually one of my top comfort foods. Take a look. We control everything we eat, yes absolutely. We must take responsibility in our lives and in our actions. However, isn't it a fair question to ask, why are the restaurants serving dishes like those top 20? Who can eat them and not be adversely affected physically? Would the restaurants claim that "well, you're only supposed to eat a meal of theirs once a month?" or "you're supposed to be exercising actively to balance the intake of food?" How much exercise would it take to work off 2,000+ calories from ONE meal? Let's be realistic. I'm burning about 450 calories a workout. That's MY reality. When I'm leaner, I'll burn faster or so they say. The book I mentioned here also states that no one expects restaurants to serve healthy food. Um.....maybe our expectations are part of the problem?

I was so wound up last night that I knew I was going to cave for carbs if I didn't get to the gym instead. So I went, in about 4 inches of snow and freezing rain. I was alone at first, and you should have seen me when Bon Jovi came on the radio. But about 5 people showed up at 10:30 pm. I was surprised. Dedicated folks or people just trying to avoid going for food that we shouldn't be eating.

Today I vow to drink 2 liters of water!

No comments:


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.