Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Finally Sorted Out


Pounds lost: 10 lbs
Pounds to go: 41 lbs


Hell YES -- New battery in the old scale. This was this morning's weight, bucked naked, 3 different times over 2 hours (just to make sure I wasn't imagining it). OK so....we're back on track!

Thank you sweet Jenn, I am quite sure your theory about the salt intake and the water weight had a lot to do with this as well. When I woke up this morning, I just FELT lighter. Then the scale confirmed it.

Last night's workout was at 12:30. I loved it. Just me and the machines and 9 cameras and rock and roll blasting. I got adventurous and tried the stationary bike and the elliptical machine. Holy crap those are tough! I did 1 mile on the bike but I was so bored. On the other hand, I could barely do 0.5 on the elliptical before I thought my knees and hips were going to explode. Wow. Kudos to you all who crank on that machine! Über respect to you. Maybe someday I can kick ass on that too, but for now I'm going to stick with the treadmill. I sustained my heart rate at 138 for 20 minutes (the other 20 minutes it was hovering around 120 which is still in my range). I thought that was pretty substantial. I got to see what level I needed to set the machine at to achieve that. It was between 4.0 and 4.5 incline and 2.8 to 3.0 speed. But I have to watch it, my lower left front leg muscles starting screaming. I swear to god, if I get shin splints, it'll be such a major set back. I am trying to prevent that at all costs. I did a lot of stretching but it is hard to stretch that particular muscle. I also did the pectoral and the ab weights. I am a little concerned about the ab machine though. I do not feel it in my abs. Well, let's face it, I don't have any abs to feel it in, but I don't feel it in my stomach. I feel it in my back and maybe I'm straining too much, yet the weight is only 15 lbs. So I will have to ask someone about that.

Tonight I will go grocery shop dating...you know, puruse the aisles for others who have nothing better to do on Saturday night than grocery shop. Just joking, but sometimes it is interesting to see who else is in there. Two guys together...both good looking. Other single women, often standing in front of the ice cream section. Sad but true. I used to be one of them.

I think this week I will skip the turkey bacon -- too much processed meat and even though it is low sodium perhaps it is holding me up. I will opt for almonds and put a handful in my carb control yogurt instead. And maybe I will buy myself some flowers.

Love yourself, the rest will follow.

No comments:


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.