Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Seeking My High


Pounds lost: 11 lbs
Pounds to go: 40 lbs


I went again last night to the gym. I showed up at 10 pm, mostly because I checked the tv show lineups and decided there were a few things I would watch at that time. Hey, whatever gets me there right? I cannot believe what the scale says this morning. Another 3 lbs down. Cue the music (you gotta hear this, to know how I'm feeling...)



I am a million miles and workouts away from every being conditioned like a boxer, but I do feel inspired. I am seeking that endorphin high that comes from exercise. I know it exists; I've enjoyed it before. I just always knew that it was hard to obtain. I haven't felt it yet, through my two workouts so far, but I know it is ahead of me, and when I feel it, it will feel better than any comfort food might taste or feel settled in my belly.

Is it replacing one addictive behavior for another? Perhaps but I highly doubt I'll ever be the type of person who says to my friends or my lover, "I'm sorry, I can't go out with you tonight, I have to go workout instead." Remember, ultimately, when I weigh 160 lbs again, I am seeking a balance in my life. And once I have reached that place, I will know what it feels like. I will be a balanced person, healthy, renewed, reborn, and ready for all that life wants to offer me.

Details on my workout, in the order it was done:

starting heart rate was 89
10 mins treadmill to warm up the body (like the trainer said)
3 reps (8/10/12) of 30 lbs with Abs
15 lbs with pecs
30 lbs with leg press (that works the gluts)
40 mins more of treadmill at 2.5 - 2.8 speed with 2.0 incline and heart rate between 121-130

Today I will rest, and maybe stroll the neighborhood with Chad and play frisbee, but no gym. I have to cook for the week anyway, and the superbowl is tonight.

How do I feel? I feel good!

No comments:


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.