Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Good Lookin' Cookin'


Pounds lost: 2 lbs
Pounds to go: 49 lbs


First of all, Blogger lost my entire saved post this morning, so this will be short. Ugh!

No loss this morning and no surprise. PMSing and only starting the plan full blown today. Had my last Coldstone ice cream shake yesterday and it tasted good but didn't last very long. My weight loss and feeling good will last longer!

I am aiming for a 3 lb loss this week so by next Monday that's what I hope to see.

I cooked yesterday for the next 5 days. Odd that today is Wednesday. My food for the week will basically consist of:

extra lean ground turkey breast (not just ground turkey, that has more fat) with taco seasoning
italian sweet peppers and sweet onions steamed together
egg whites
turkey bacon
carb and sugar control yogurt smoothies
chocolate whey protein powder with fat free milk (12 carbs per 8 ounces)
tea

There is no fruit on this menu and thank god for that because I really can't stand it. If I am ever hungry, I am supposed to eat more protein, but I never felt hungry when I started this in June. It is just important to go thru the "carb withdrawal" the first few days.

I know it doesn't seem like much food but it is and I have cooked it all ahead of time because I need to remove my thinking about food. That is key for me. Again, this becomes about what works for the person, not some prescribed program designed for someone else. When thinking about food is removed for me, I am then free to focus on other things, like meditating and exercise. Good thing I have Chad for that part. We'll be taking a long walk when I get home from my frustrating desk job.

Well here we go off on a Wednesday that feels like a PMS Monday. Look out world, I'm going to be one hell of a badass today.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey, it' Amy (mum2em) from Kimkins! I joined your Operation Vacation Challenge. Hopefully others will join too!

tty later!


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.