Losing Weight; Finding Men

"Never make someone a priority in your life when you are just their option."

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Trying to Heal from Back Pain


total lost: 30 lbs
total days: 80

Well I haven't lost. But I've maintained. This is good. This helps me see that I could survive, I could live like this. I've even had a meal out. I've even had some alcohol and some carbs (it will forever be yummy to me) so I know that I could maintain once I reached goal.

But the reason I know I haven't lost is because of the back pain. It just stole all my energy and spirit. I can say that today is the first day in more than two weeks that I can sit here without pain. The pain is from a combination of weakened muscles and stress so it is hard to know what is going to set if off at any given point. But I hope this improvement lasts as I try to strengthen the muscles in the area where the fat has most disappeared. Hopefully I can get to a point where I'm walking Chad again around the lake as well.

So I'm trying not to feel disappointed. See this is what happens when I set goals. All that talk about the wedding at the end of October and how I wanted to be down another 30 lbs. Since I said that I've hardly lost anything. This is why it is better for me to just look day to day and not so far ahead. That is how I lost the last 30 lbs. I didn't have a set goal date. And it just happened.

No comments:


you're like butter to me

Just a Lovable Party Girl

Just a Lovable Party Girl
Sagittarius is born to travel the world and move upwards and outwards. Naturally gregarious, they love the idea of meeting different people and understanding foreign cultures. There is also a desire to broaden the mind too, with the possibility of many Sagittarians being lifelong students. Their outlook is generally optimistic and there is a distinct lack of concern over the smaller, practical details. A great sense of humor and a lack of petty mindedness are Sagittarian qualities too. Sagittarius is open -- open-minded, open-hearted and generous, up to a point. They like to get value and will not be quite so impulsive with their cash but they do have a natural ability to get on with people from many varied walks of life. They have an innate sense of wanting to help others and give them a hand up the ladder and can be wonderful and exciting companions. Expect an honest answer when you ask a question and maybe some long philosophic discussions into the night. Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary.